Kings Park and Botanic Garden is excited to present the 2017 Kings Park Festival which is celebrating ‘Where the Wildflowers Are!’ Western Australian wildflowers will form the stunning backdrop to a month long extravaganza of walks and talks, outdoor exhibitions, art installations and fun for all the family.
There’s no doubt Kings Park will be where the wildflowers are this September, with the largest presentation of WA’s blooming beauties from all across the state. Kings Park will transform into a rainbow of colour and movement and we want you to join us in the celebration.
The 2017 Kings Park Festival is proudly presented by Kings Park and Botanic Garden and the Friends of Kings Park with the generous support of Lotterywest.
Ephemeral Art Installation
This year’s Festival will also focus on the relationships between plants and animals with an interesting and educational outdoor exhibition, ‘Wildflowers and Superpowers‘, which will lead visitors to a stunning ephemeral art-piece in the heart of the WA Botanic Garden.
Other Festival Highlights
- Free and fascinating guided walks and talks led by Kings Park and Bold Park staff and volunteers will explore Kings Park, Bold Park and WA flora.
- Perth’s best native plant sale, thanks to the Friends of Kings Park.
- Djilba Big Day Out for school kids.
- Artists in residence at Aspects of Kings Park.
- Spectacular floral installations at Aspects of Kings Park.
- Acoustic music, workshops and much more.
Find out all about Kings Park Festival events by viewing the events calendar and catch up with all the Kings Park news and highlights by subscribing to our e-newsletter or through our social media stream! Stay tuned as more information is released about the 2017 Kings Park Festival!